Based upon availability and safe practices, all types of treatment cycles including ovulation induction (OI), intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), and frozen embryo transfers (FET) resumed in the month of June at RADfertility.
All types of surgery will be resuming by mid-July. They will occur in an order based on surgeries that were canceled first. Based upon that volume, new surgery requests will be scheduled in October while we work to reschedule prior patient commitments.
*Partners and support persons are not allowed to accompany you to your appointments at our RADfertility offices at this time unless needed for translation services or special needs. This is to help decrease the number of potential exposures in the office.
RADfertility’s SafeJourney Plan follows guidance for patient care during the Covid-19 pandemic set forth by the CDC and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM):
- For everyone’s protection: state-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) for our staff, and mask requirements and availability for our patients. Click here to learn about the CDC guidance we are following on required PPE for reproductive care procedures and activities.
- For our patients: efficient symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices along with digital check-in from your car, minimizing the time needed for in-office visits
- Required for our dedicated ‘frontline’ staff: pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
- Extensive sanitizing of exam rooms and equipment before patient hours, between patient visits, and after patient visits are finished each day
- Personalized Covid testing protocols for our patients prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits
- For our gentlemen patients: a popular semen analysis testing and short-term cryopreservation option without needing to making a trip to our offices. Click here to order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit.
- RADfertility’s physicians and clinician providers will continue their active and convenient telemedicine consultations, and look forward to speaking to you
Fertility Treatment & Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What social distancing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure to Covid-19?
- Telemedicine will be utilized for most consults and teaching appointments
- Only essential appointments will occur within the office building
- You will check in remotely once you arrive at the parking lot
- After your screening, you will be escorted directly to your exam room and will not need to wait in the waiting room
- Partners and support persons are not allowed to accompany you to your appointments at this time unless needed for translation services or special needs. This is to help decrease the number of potential exposures in the office
- You will see only a limited number of providers
- RADdad, an at-home sperm collection kit for semen analysis and sperm freezing can be provided so that our male patients do not need to make a trip to our offices. Click here to order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit.
2. What screening and testing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices
- For patients: Personalized Covid testing protocols prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits
- For staff: Pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
3. What PPE measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Cloth face coverings are mandatory at all times during an office visit and will be available
- For staff: State-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) including medical grade masks will be used at all times
4. Am I at an increased risk of contracting Covid-19 during fertility treatment?
There is no evidence that fertility treatments including diagnostic testing, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, cycle monitoring, intrauterine insemination (IUI), egg retrieval and/or embryo transfer (IVF) etc. are affected by Covid-19. However, given the nature of fertility assessment/treatments which necessitate multiple office visits, even with widespread testing and risk mitigation strategies, there is no guarantee that you will not be exposed to the virus. You should discuss your individual risks with your healthcare provider.
5. What happens if I suspect I have Covid-19, and I'm in the process of fertility treatment?
If you suspect you’re sick with Covid-19, seek medical care immediately. Tell your doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms. Avoid contact with others and contact RADfertility with your condition as soon as possible.
6. Can I proceed with fertility treatment if I meet diagnostic criteria for Covid-19?
Any diagnostic testing, infertility treatment, surgery or other services will be suspended should you become symptomatic or test positive for Covid-19.
7. Are my frozen eggs / sperm / embryos safe in the lab during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Our expert lab team adheres to the highest standards and is well above regulatory compliance levels set by state and federal government. They execute the same laboratory protocols used every day for our liquid nitrogen tanks whether the office is open or closed. This includes a visual inspection of the tank, they measure its liquid level and fill if necessary. All tanks are monitored 24 hours a day by alarm, so if they are not in the office and there’s a problem, we are notified immediately. You can rest assured that your eggs, sperm and embryos are safe!
8. What are the risks of contracting Covid-19 prior or during pregnancy?
At the current time, the full risks of contracting Covid-19 prior to or during pregnancy are NOT known, including potential risks to a woman’s health as well as risk(s) to her fetus. The unique and new clinical course of Covid-19 infection makes it difficult to compare Covid-19 to other viral infections in pregnancy, including non-Covid-19 coronavirus infections that have previously been studied. Risks from viral infections during pregnancy are typically evaluated after large amounts of outcomes data are obtained, and can include: 1) higher rates of miscarriage and pregnancy loss in all trimesters; 2) congenital fetal malformations (birth defects); 3) restricted fetal growth; and 4) prematurity due to maternal and/or fetal problems. It is also possible that Covid-19 can infect the placenta and the newborn at the time of birth.
Other Trending Posts
We have an update to share! Thanks to the efforts of RAD patient advocates, Morgan Carlisle and Christie Gross, New Castle County government voluntarily expanded fertility coverage!
These beautiful RAD babies represent the fertility journey coming full circle for some of the wonderful ladies in the Fearless Femmes Facing Fertility Facebook community.
SART’s annual preliminary IVF outcome data for 2018 is HERE and more than 74,000 babies were born from Assisted Reproductive Technology!
More Patient Resources
IVF Success Rates
We lead the way through research and innovation contributing to nationally recognized success rates.
We have compiled a list of resources aimed at helping patients navigate their fertility journey.
Patients on their fertility journey will often have to administer medication through injection at home.
Read from our own patients and hear their stories about their experience at RADfertility.
RAD Patient Support Group
Women from all stages of treatment are welcome to the RAD Patient Support Group led by Lindsay Griffin, LCSW.
Making A Difference
The Making a Difference series highlights the dedicated organizations and individuals in the community available to help you on your journey.
"We had a wonderful experience working with RADfertility. Our doctor was so sweet, informative and helpful with all of our questions. The front desk, it’s always nice to be greeted by a friendly smiling face."
"RAD heard my hopes, dreams, and wishes and led me toward them while holding my hand. My dream came true. I was guided to a beautiful baby girl! It took less than a year for my pregnancy to begin and it was successful. This was the best decision I ever made. Thank you, RAD!"
"From the beginning our team was determined to find a way for my husband and I to complete our family. All the RAD staff was knowledgeable and truly cared for us. We wish we could have continued with them after our baby hit 12 weeks. We thank them daily in our prayers for giving us our beautiful baby girl!"
"We will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at RAD! Dr. Feinberg took the time to listen and create a plan we were comfortable with. The whole team was amazing and truly care about their patients. You have exceeded our expectations. Thank you!!"
"Thanks to RADfertility, we have the most perfect addition to our family. The help and support the whole staff gave us was indescribable. We never once lost hope because of them. We will be forever grateful to each and every person we worked with during our journey."
"Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She explained in great detail all the options we had and put us at ease about the entire process. Everyone has been amazing and I have absolutely no complaints. Today I am 17 weeks pregnant and we only have Dr. Neithardt and her wonderful team at RAD to thank."
"They are the most amazing team of doctors and care coordinators. After having started at another facility I was so happy to come to RAD. They are truly amazing, never make you feel like just a number and have empathy and compassion every step of the way. They also get the job done! Thanks RAD!"
"Dr. McGuirk is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way."
"I will never be able to put into words how thankful we are for RAD. Rhonda was there every step of the way as we were going through the process. Everyone was so welcoming and patient as we asked questions. We were blessed with a daughter, who is now three. I have already recommended and will continue to recommend RAD to people who need help growing their family!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832