As the COVID-19 epidemic appears to be gradually slowing down in our community, you can find comfort in RAD’s SafeJourney Plan for reopening our office following the guidance set forth by the CDC and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM):
In The Month of June
We start maximally safe in-office IVF and fertility testing at all 3 offices in Newark, Wilmington, and Dover.
If you are anticipating your next menses the week of June 8th, please contact us now for the info you’ll need to get started with your workup. PLEASE NOTE this is for patients who are not undergoing treatment or have already been contacted by a coordinator.
1. For everyone’s protection: state-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) for our staff, and mask requirements and availability for our patients. We are following CDC guidance on required PPE for reproductive care procedures and activities.
2. For our patients: efficient symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices along with digital check-in from your car, minimizing the time needed for in-office visits
3. Required for our dedicated ‘frontline’ staff: pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
4. Extensive sanitizing of exam rooms and equipment before patient hours, between patient visits, and after patient visits are finished each day
5. Personalized Covid testing protocols for our patients prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits
6. For our gentlemen patients: a popular semen analysis testing and short-term cryopreservation option without needing to making a trip to our offices. Order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit
7. Preconception counseling to help you understand the current pandemic along with ways to mitigate risk
8. RADfertility’s physicians and clinician providers will continue their active and convenient telemedicine consultations, and look forward to speaking to you
Fertility Treatment & Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What social distancing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure to Covid-19?
- Telemedicine will be utilized for most consults and teaching appointments
- Only essential appointments will occur within the office building
- You will check in remotely once you arrive at the parking lot
- After your screening, you will be escorted directly to your exam room and will not need to wait in the waiting room
- Support persons will no longer be allowed to accompany you to your appointments. This is to help decrease the number of potential exposures in the office
- You will see only a limited number of providers
- RADdad, an at-home sperm collection kit for semen analysis and sperm freezing can be provided so that our male patients do not need to make a trip to our offices. Order or register your RADdad at-home sperm collection kit
2. What screening and testing measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Symptom screening via telemedicine prior to your travel to our offices
- For patients: Personalized Covid testing protocols prior to and during treatments, prior to surgery, and prior to diagnostic testing visits
- For staff: Pre-emptive interval Covid testing, daily symptom review, and daily temperature assessment
3. What PPE measures are being taken to minimize possible exposure of Covid-19?
- For patients: Cloth face coverings are mandatory at all times during an office visit and will be available
- For staff: State-of-the-art personal protective equipment (PPE) including medical grade masks will be used at all times
4. Am I at an increased risk of contracting Covid-19 during fertility treatment?
There is no evidence that fertility treatments including diagnostic testing, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, cycle monitoring, intrauterine insemination (IUI), egg retrieval and/or embryo transfer (IVF) etc. are affected by Covid-19. However, given the nature of fertility assessment/treatments which necessitate multiple office visits, even with widespread testing and risk mitigation strategies, there is no guarantee that you will not be exposed to the virus. You should discuss your individual risks with your healthcare provider.
5. What happens if I suspect I have Covid-19, and I'm in the process of fertility treatment?
If you suspect you’re sick with Covid-19, seek medical care immediately. Tell your doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms. Avoid contact with others and contact RADfertility with your condition as soon as possible.
6. Can I proceed with fertility treatment if I meet diagnostic criteria for Covid-19?
Any diagnostic testing, infertility treatment, surgery or other services will be suspended should you become symptomatic or test positive for Covid-19.
7. Are my frozen eggs / sperm / embryos safe in the lab during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Our expert lab team adheres to the highest standards and is well above regulatory compliance levels set by state and federal government. They execute the same laboratory protocols used every day for our liquid nitrogen tanks whether the office is open or closed. This includes a visual inspection of the tank, they measure its liquid level and fill if necessary. All tanks are monitored 24 hours a day by alarm, so if they are not in the office and there’s a problem, we are notified immediately. You can rest assured that your eggs, sperm and embryos are safe!
8. What are the risks of contracting Covid-19 prior or during pregnancy?
At the current time, the full risks of contracting Covid-19 prior to or during pregnancy are NOT known, including potential risks to a woman’s health as well as risk(s) to her fetus. The unique and new clinical course of Covid-19 infection makes it difficult to compare Covid-19 to other viral infections in pregnancy, including non-Covid-19 coronavirus infections that have previously been studied. Risks from viral infections during pregnancy are typically evaluated after large amounts of outcomes data are obtained, and can include: 1) higher rates of miscarriage and pregnancy loss in all trimesters; 2) congenital fetal malformations (birth defects); 3) restricted fetal growth; and 4) prematurity due to maternal and/or fetal problems. It is also possible that Covid-19 can infect the placenta and the newborn at the time of birth.
Other RADfertility News
Hats off to Dr. Adrienne Neithardt! Dr. Neithardt was recognized on Philadelphia Magazine’s Top Doctors List for 2020!
Team RAD rocked our orange as a reminder that we are with you every step of the way and to raise infertility awareness on #WearOrange Day!
Team RAD is raising our voice by wearing special ‘Got Endometriosis?” shirts to support and honor Endometriosis Awareness Month!
More Patient Experience Resources
Patient Care Team
Meet RAD’s exceptional staff that goes above and beyond on many levels of patient care.
Top Fertility Doctors
Meet our clinical team made up of compassionate and caring women who will be by your side every step of your journey to parenthood.
Read Our Blog
Inspiring community members that are making a difference to the latest news put in perspective for our patients.
Our Seeds of Success program is founded on inspiring stories from men and women who found success at RAD.
Celebrating Two Decades
Two decades of inspiration and hope. See how RAD families have grown since the start of the practice in 1995.
Read our latest reviews written by RAD patients.
If you are looking to join an enthusiastic team that has helped thousands of families grow, check out our current job listings.
"We had a wonderful experience working with RADfertility. Our doctor was so sweet, informative and helpful with all of our questions. The front desk, it’s always nice to be greeted by a friendly smiling face."
"RAD heard my hopes, dreams, and wishes and led me toward them while holding my hand. My dream came true. I was guided to a beautiful baby girl! It took less than a year for my pregnancy to begin and it was successful. This was the best decision I ever made. Thank you, RAD!"
"From the beginning our team was determined to find a way for my husband and I to complete our family. All the RAD staff was knowledgeable and truly cared for us. We wish we could have continued with them after our baby hit 12 weeks. We thank them daily in our prayers for giving us our beautiful baby girl!"
"We will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at RAD! Dr. Feinberg took the time to listen and create a plan we were comfortable with. The whole team was amazing and truly care about their patients. You have exceeded our expectations. Thank you!!"
"Thanks to RADfertility, we have the most perfect addition to our family. The help and support the whole staff gave us was indescribable. We never once lost hope because of them. We will be forever grateful to each and every person we worked with during our journey."
"Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She explained in great detail all the options we had and put us at ease about the entire process. Everyone has been amazing and I have absolutely no complaints. Today I am 17 weeks pregnant and we only have Dr. Neithardt and her wonderful team at RAD to thank."
"They are the most amazing team of doctors and care coordinators. After having started at another facility I was so happy to come to RAD. They are truly amazing, never make you feel like just a number and have empathy and compassion every step of the way. They also get the job done! Thanks RAD!"
"Dr. McGuirk is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way."
"I will never be able to put into words how thankful we are for RAD. Rhonda was there every step of the way as we were going through the process. Everyone was so welcoming and patient as we asked questions. We were blessed with a daughter, who is now three. I have already recommended and will continue to recommend RAD to people who need help growing their family!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832