Welcome From Wendy J. Schillings, MD, Director of Fertility Preservation
- Lehigh Valley Hospital Ob/Gyn Resident Education Committee (Appointed), 2005-2017
- ASRM Women’s Council (National Elected), 2004-2008
- Golden Apple Medical Student Teaching Award, 2006
- APGO (Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics) Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004
- American Fertility Society/Ortho Distinguished Fellowship in Reproduction Award, 1992
- Former Teaching Faculty, University of Southern Florida, Penn State College of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine
- National Consumer Advisory Board Americas’s Best Physicians, 2019
Background & Education
- Board Certified: Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology, by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- MD: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- BA: Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
Publications, Lectures & Abstracts
Dr. Schillings has authored several publications and has lectured extensively.
- Uzochukwu, CK, Schillings, WJ, Worrilow, KC. A Novel and Statistically Significant Predictor of Clinical Pregnancy (CP) in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). Oral Presentation at the American Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 2008
- Treff NR. Tao X, Schillings WJ, Bergh PA, Scott Jr. RT, and B. Levy B. (2011) Use of single nucleotide polymorphism microarrays to distinguish between balanced and normal chromosomes in embryos from a transolcation carrier. Fertil Steril; 95(5);1606-1612.e2
- Colonna Worrilow K., Huynh HT, Schillings WJ, Peters AJ, Johnston JB. (2005). Use of the Hyaluronan Monolayer (HM), or PICSI™ Plate, in the Selection of Sperm for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). Fertil Steril;84, Sup. 1:
- Putowski LT, Schillings W.J., Lee CM, Reddy EP, Jakowicki JA. (2004) Human follicle stimulating receptor promoter/enhancer activity is inhibited by transcriptional factors, from the upstream stimulating factors familiy, via E-box and newly identified initiator element (Inr) in FSH-R non-expressing cells. Gynecol Endocrinol; 19:9-17
- Fertility Preservation, Oncology Department, Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest, Allentown, PA – February 8, 2018
- “Infertility Patients Before and After the OR” Mid Eastern Association of Perianesthesia Nurses, Allentown, PA, – April 9, 2011
- “Pregnancy Outcomes Following IVF” Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey Nursing Conference, Clinton, NJ – February 7, 2009
- “State of the ART Technologies in the Treatment of Infertility” Carrilion Medical Center, Roanoke, VA – April 2, 2008
- “To Treat or not to Treat with Metformin” ASRM Roundtable, Washington, DE – October 15, 2007
- “Special Considerations: When Moms and Babies Need Some Extra Help” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital Moms to Bee Shower. Muhlenberg Hospital, Bethlehem, PA – May 13, 2019
- Family Building Options for the LGBTQ Community, Allentown Women’s Center, Allentown, PA – June 5, 2018
- “Professional Women and the Quest for Children” Women’s Health Panel sponsored by the Women’s Business Council, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Allentown, PA – February 24, 2015
- “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Are you Affected?” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital, Bethlehem, PA – November 29, 2007
- “Advanced Technologies in IVF” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Bethleham, PA – June 28, 2005
- “Professional Women and the Quest for Children” with Gwen Morgan White, LCSW sponsored by Spirit of Women, Bethlehem PA – October 25, 2002
- Baker, V, Schillings WJ, McClamrock HD (2012) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, eds. Berek & Novak’s Gynecology 15th Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott Williams & Wilkins, 1035-1065
- Schillings, W, Glob. libr. women’s med., Physiology and Tests of the Adrenal Cortical Function (ISSN: 1756-2228) 2008; DOI 10.3843/GLOWM10309
- Schillings, W, Glob. libr. womens’s., Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex (ISSN: 1756-2228) 2008; DOI 10.3843/GLOWM.1031
- Scherzer WJ, McClamrock HD (2002) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, Adashi EY, Hillard PA, eds. Novak’s Gynecology, 13th Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott Williams & Wilkins, 843-858.
- Scherzer WJ, McClamrock HD (1996) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, Adashi EY, Hillard PA, eds. Novak’s Gynecology, 12th Edition. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins, 809-832.
Press (In The News)
- “Infertility: What you need to Know” interview on WFMZ 69 News, Bethlehem PA – September 12, 2013
- “In View with Larry King” – Fox Business Network – Aired May 17, 2009
Request an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know which dates and times work for you. A Patient Navigator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Take Our Fertility Assessment
Answer a few brief questions and receive a personal response. Every submission is reviewed by a fertility expert. Get the answers you are looking for today!
Free Second Opinion Consult
Call (302) 602-8822 to speak to one of our Patient Navigators and schedule your free second opinion consult. Please mention this offer when you call.
Where You Go For Fertility Care Really Matters
For over two decades, we have followed the golden rule of fertility care: offering the same treatment to you that we would want for our friends and loved ones.
Egg freezing technology allows you to take steps to preserve your fertility. Our physicians create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
Sperm freezing technology allows you to take steps to preserve your fertility. Our physicians create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
Oncofertility addresses oncology and reproductive medicine to help patients faced with a cancer diagnosis.
Stephanie Hill, MS, LCGC
Stephanie Hill, MS, LCGC brings over 16 years of experience in genetic counseling to the team
Embryo Freezing And Storage
Embryo freezing allows tools like preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies to be used to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.
"We had a wonderful experience working with Reproductive Associates of Delaware. Our doctor was so sweet, informative and helpful with all of our questions. The front desk, it’s always nice to be greeted by a friendly smiling face."
"RAD heard my hopes, dreams, and wishes and led me toward them while holding my hand. My dream came true. I was guided to a beautiful baby girl! It took less than a year for my pregnancy to begin and it was successful. This was the best decision I ever made. Thank you, RAD!"
"From the beginning our team was determined to find a way for my husband and I to complete our family. All the RAD staff was knowledgeable and truly cared for us. We wish we could have continued with them after our baby hit 12 weeks. We thank them daily in our prayers for giving us our beautiful baby girl!"
"We will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at RAD! Dr. Feinberg took the time to listen and create a plan we were comfortable with. The whole team was amazing and truly care about their patients. You have exceeded our expectations. Thank you!!"
"Thanks to Reproductive Associates of Delaware, we have the most perfect addition to our family. The help and support the whole staff gave us was indescribable. We never once lost hope because of them. We will be forever grateful to each and every person we worked with during our journey."
"Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She explained in great detail all the options we had and put us at ease about the entire process. Everyone has been amazing and I have absolutely no complaints. Today I am 17 weeks pregnant and we only have Dr. Neithardt and her wonderful team at RAD to thank."
"They are the most amazing team of doctors and care coordinators. After having started at another facility I was so happy to come to RAD. They are truly amazing, never make you feel like just a number and have empathy and compassion every step of the way. They also get the job done! Thanks RAD!"
"Dr. McGuirk is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way."
"I will never be able to put into words how thankful we are for RAD. Rhonda was there every step of the way as we were going through the process. Everyone was so welcoming and patient as we asked questions. We were blessed with a daughter, who is now three. I have already recommended and will continue to recommend RAD to people who need help growing their family!"
"There are not enough kind words to say about RAD generally, and Dr. Bachman specifically. My personal well-being was always at the core of my treatment. I received honest, straight-forward advice that empowered me to make my own decisions. And thanks to RAD I have the family I always dreamed of."
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832
©Reproductive Associates of Delaware 2019