Welcome From Wendy J. Schillings, MD, Medical Director of Fertility Preservation
I am so excited to have joined forces to work with RADfertility’s great group of physicians! As a strong believer in personalized care, my goal is to work with patients or couples to educate them about fertility treatments and diagnoses so that they feel empowered to participate in their care.
As a high school student who knew that my future was in medicine, I became one of the few women members of the young physicians’ group! In college, I grew more interested in women’s issues and followed this passion into medical school, where I got involved in women’s health. Reproductive endocrinology was the perfect area of medicine to combine my surgical expertise along with the joy of creating and building families.
I joined RADfertility with over 25 years of experience in the field of reproductive medicine. For the first 10 years of my career, I helped patients grow their families while serving as a member of the teaching faculty for various medical schools. I then took that experience and ran a practice for over 10 years. As RADfertility’s Medical Director of Fertility Preservation, I help men and women preserve their future fertility prior to cancer treatment or for personal reasons through egg, sperm or embryo freezing.
What I love about my career is seeing all the babies that we help create and all the wonderful families that we bring together. It’s really exciting when you see them years later and can reflect on how you’ve changed their lives. Everybody has their own story, and working with them to help them become a parent is a wonderful thing.
- Lehigh Valley Hospital Ob/Gyn Resident Education Committee (Appointed), 2005-2017
- ASRM Women’s Council (National Elected), 2004-2008
- Golden Apple Medical Student Teaching Award, 2006
- APGO (Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics) Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004
- American Fertility Society/Ortho Distinguished Fellowship in Reproduction Award, 1992
- Former Teaching Faculty, University of Southern Florida, Penn State College of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine
- National Consumer Advisory Board Americas’s Best Physicians, 2019
Background & Education
- Board Certified: Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility and Obstetrics and Gynecology, by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- MD: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- BA: Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
Publications, Lectures & Abstracts
Dr. Schillings has authored several publications and has lectured extensively.
- Uzochukwu, CK, Schillings, WJ, Worrilow, KC. A Novel and Statistically Significant Predictor of Clinical Pregnancy (CP) in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). Oral Presentation at the American Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 2008
- Treff NR. Tao X, Schillings WJ, Bergh PA, Scott Jr. RT, and B. Levy B. (2011) Use of single nucleotide polymorphism microarrays to distinguish between balanced and normal chromosomes in embryos from a transolcation carrier. Fertil Steril; 95(5);1606-1612.e2
- Colonna Worrilow K., Huynh HT, Schillings WJ, Peters AJ, Johnston JB. (2005). Use of the Hyaluronan Monolayer (HM), or PICSI™ Plate, in the Selection of Sperm for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). Fertil Steril;84, Sup. 1:
- Putowski LT, Schillings W.J., Lee CM, Reddy EP, Jakowicki JA. (2004) Human follicle stimulating receptor promoter/enhancer activity is inhibited by transcriptional factors, from the upstream stimulating factors familiy, via E-box and newly identified initiator element (Inr) in FSH-R non-expressing cells. Gynecol Endocrinol; 19:9-17
- Fertility Preservation, Oncology Department, Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest, Allentown, PA – February 8, 2018
- “Infertility Patients Before and After the OR” Mid Eastern Association of Perianesthesia Nurses, Allentown, PA, – April 9, 2011
- “Pregnancy Outcomes Following IVF” Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey Nursing Conference, Clinton, NJ – February 7, 2009
- “State of the ART Technologies in the Treatment of Infertility” Carrilion Medical Center, Roanoke, VA – April 2, 2008
- “To Treat or not to Treat with Metformin” ASRM Roundtable, Washington, DE – October 15, 2007
- “Special Considerations: When Moms and Babies Need Some Extra Help” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital Moms to Bee Shower. Muhlenberg Hospital, Bethlehem, PA – May 13, 2019
- Family Building Options for the LGBTQ Community, Allentown Women’s Center, Allentown, PA – June 5, 2018
- “Professional Women and the Quest for Children” Women’s Health Panel sponsored by the Women’s Business Council, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Allentown, PA – February 24, 2015
- “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: Are you Affected?” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital, Bethlehem, PA – November 29, 2007
- “Advanced Technologies in IVF” sponsored by Lehigh Valley Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Bethleham, PA – June 28, 2005
- “Professional Women and the Quest for Children” with Gwen Morgan White, LCSW sponsored by Spirit of Women, Bethlehem PA – October 25, 2002
- Baker, V, Schillings WJ, McClamrock HD (2012) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, eds. Berek & Novak’s Gynecology 15th Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott Williams & Wilkins, 1035-1065
- Schillings, W, Glob. libr. women’s med., Physiology and Tests of the Adrenal Cortical Function (ISSN: 1756-2228) 2008; DOI 10.3843/GLOWM10309
- Schillings, W, Glob. libr. womens’s., Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex (ISSN: 1756-2228) 2008; DOI 10.3843/GLOWM.1031
- Scherzer WJ, McClamrock HD (2002) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, Adashi EY, Hillard PA, eds. Novak’s Gynecology, 13th Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippencott Williams & Wilkins, 843-858.
- Scherzer WJ, McClamrock HD (1996) Amenorrhea. In: Berek JS, Adashi EY, Hillard PA, eds. Novak’s Gynecology, 12th Edition. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins, 809-832.
Press (In The News)
- “Infertility: What you need to Know” interview on WFMZ 69 News, Bethlehem PA – September 12, 2013
- “In View with Larry King” – Fox Business Network – Aired May 17, 2009
Request an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know which dates and times work for you. A Patient Navigator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Take Our Fertility Assessment
Answer a few brief questions and receive a personal response. Every submission is reviewed by a fertility expert. Get the answers you are looking for today!
Free Second Opinion Consult
Call (302) 602-8822 to speak to one of our Patient Navigators and schedule your free second opinion consult. Please mention this offer when you call.
Where You Go for Fertility Care Really Matters
For 25 years, we have followed the golden rule of fertility care: offering the same treatment to you that we would want for our friends and loved ones.
Egg freezing technology allows you to take steps to preserve your fertility. Our physicians create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
Sperm freezing technology allows you to take steps to preserve your fertility. Our physicians create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
Oncofertility addresses oncology and reproductive medicine to help patients faced with a cancer diagnosis.
Embryo Freezing and Storage
Embryo freezing allows tools like preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies to be used to increase the likelihood of pregnancy.
"I feel so lucky to have found RADfertility. I tried two other clinics before I expanded my search and found RADfertility. I drive an hour each way to go to them but I don’t regret a thing. They are so caring and so professional. Every time I message them they respond quickly. Every time I see them they have a friendly smile and warm welcome. They explain everything so well and I never feel lost in the process as I did elsewhere. They also took the time to figure out what was wrong. Other clinics threw up their hands, said 'I don’t know' and pushed me to try IVF."
"Dr. Feinberg and the entire staff at RADfertility are absolutely amazing. The receptionists, coordinators, nurses, and lab staff are compassionate, caring, and straight forward. I’ve had a 12-year infertility journey and I’ve tried other clinics but RADfertility was the only one I felt at ease with. They answered any questions that I had and were there any time I needed them. My coordinator, Amy, was the absolute best and always had my back. Dr. Feinberg’s dedication to his patients is incredible. You are not just a number there, you are a person with individualized needs and care."
"My journey with RADfertility and Dr. McGuirk started when my husband and I were trying to conceive and were having difficulty. We went to RADfertility, where we met Dr. McGuirk. I always say she changed my life and 'fixed' me. Dr. McGuirk is always learning more about endometriosis and how to help her patients. She’s brilliant and truly cares for you! I’m eternally grateful to her and everyone at RADfertility for their unwavering support, love, and care."
"Every step of our journey was tailored to us. We were treated so respectfully. Every detail was clearly explained and we felt so comfortable. Rhonda Wright was a Godsend and inspiring. I highly recommend this place! I cried when my weekly appointments were done and I 'graduated.'"
"The day I met Dr. Neithardt I knew she was the perfect doctor for me. Dr. Neithardt was so compassionate every step of the way. She held my hand, she hugged away tears, and continued to give me hope. There are not enough 'thank you's' in the world for Dr. Neithardt and the whole RADfertility team who will forever have a special place in my heart."
"RADfertility's staff has heart and provided me with exceptional health care. I knew I was in good hands and felt like we were in this together. The doctors and nursing staff always answered all of my questions and provided thorough information about all of my options. I am so fortunate and appreciative of the care that I received at RADfertility. They go above and beyond."
"I cannot begin to explain how wonderful RADfertility is. We were frustrated with trying to start a family and it not working for us. The entire team of doctors and nurses made us feel comfortable and hopeful that we would be parents. We experienced so many ups and downs but we never felt like we were on our IVF journey alone, we had our RADfertility team every step of the way. If you're looking for a supportive team on the IVF journey, look no further. RADfertility is the absolute best."
"Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always explained our options and risks with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the first doctor that had answers for us and wanted to help us have our miracle baby!"
"Dr. Mitchell is the best physician I have ever had. She is incredibly caring and spends as much time as I need to have all of my questions answered. She goes above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and informed."
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832