What Is Preimplantation Genetic Testing For Aneuploidies (PGT-A)?
As a woman ages, the chance one of her embryos is aneuploid (abnormal set of chromosomes which affects viability) rises. PGT-A identifies embryos that are euploid (normal set of chromosomes), increasing the chance for a successful pregnancy. PGT-A is included in our IVF For ME™ Program.
Patient Benefits of PGT-A
- High implantation and pregnancy rates (about 60%) and extremely low miscarriage rates (>10%)
- Enhanced confidence in single embryo transfer stemming from embryologist identifying chromosomally normal embryos that have the highest chance of implantation
- Safer IVF stimulation cycles that avoid hyperstimulation syndrome almost 100% of the time
- Enhanced fetal growth and pregnancy outcome with frozen embryo transfer
- The ability to identify and freeze healthy embryos for fertility preservation for future pregnancy wishes
- Provides credible information for patients considering donor egg or embryo adoption in situations where no embryos are chromosomally normal (typical in older patients)
- IVF with PGT-A (IVF For ME) – Ages 35-37 57.83% 57.83%
- IVF without PGT-A (Traditional IVF) – Ages 35-37 35.29% 35.29%
- IVF with PGT-A (IVF For ME) – Ages 38-40 51.26% 51.26%
- IVF without PGT-A (Traditional IVF) – Ages 38-40 23.81% 23.81%
- IVF with PGT-A (IVF For ME) – Ages 41-42 66.67% 66.67%
- IVF without PGT-A (Traditional IVF) – Ages 41-42 (n=3) 0% 0%
- IVF with PGT-A (IVF For ME) – Ages Over 42 80% 80%
- IVF without PGT-A (Traditional IVF) – Ages Over 42 (n=2) 50% 50%
When To Consider PGT-A
We offer PGT-A to all IVF patients. Those interested in this testing will meet with our Genetic Counselor, Stephanie Hill, to consider whether PGT-A makes sense for them. Common indications for recommending PGT-A include:
- Maternal age over 34
- Paternal age over 40
- Unexplained infertility at any age
- Prior failed IVF without explanations
- Prior pregnancy losses
- Diminished ovarian reserve (i.e. low AMH, high FSH)
Request an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know which dates and times work for you. A Patient Navigator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Take Our Fertility Assessment
Answer a few brief questions and receive a personal response. Every submission is reviewed by a fertility expert. Get the answers you are looking for today!
Free Second Opinion Consult
Call (302) 602-8822 to speak to one of our Patient Navigators and schedule your free second opinion consult. Please mention this offer when you call.
Where You Go For Fertility Care Really Matters
For over two decades, we have followed the golden rule of fertility care: offering the same treatment to you that we would want for our friends and loved ones.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidies (PGT-A) is a tool used to optimize the efficiency of IVF, increasing the likelihood of a successful pregnancy.
PGT-M and PGT-SR
Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Monogenic/Single Gene Defects (PGT-M) and (PGT-SR) are tests that help evaluate embryos for genetic risk factors.
IVF Success Rates
We lead the way through research and innovation contributing to nationally recognized success.
Stephanie Hill, MS, LCGC
Stephanie Hill, MS, LCGC brings over 16 years of experience in genetic counseling to the team.
"We had a wonderful experience working with RADfertility. Our doctor was so sweet, informative and helpful with all of our questions. The front desk, it’s always nice to be greeted by a friendly smiling face."
"RAD heard my hopes, dreams, and wishes and led me toward them while holding my hand. My dream came true. I was guided to a beautiful baby girl! It took less than a year for my pregnancy to begin and it was successful. This was the best decision I ever made. Thank you, RAD!"
"From the beginning our team was determined to find a way for my husband and I to complete our family. All the RAD staff was knowledgeable and truly cared for us. We wish we could have continued with them after our baby hit 12 weeks. We thank them daily in our prayers for giving us our beautiful baby girl!"
"We will be forever grateful for the wonderful care we received at RAD! Dr. Feinberg took the time to listen and create a plan we were comfortable with. The whole team was amazing and truly care about their patients. You have exceeded our expectations. Thank you!!"
"Thanks to RADfertility, we have the most perfect addition to our family. The help and support the whole staff gave us was indescribable. We never once lost hope because of them. We will be forever grateful to each and every person we worked with during our journey."
"Dr. Neithardt was amazing. She explained in great detail all the options we had and put us at ease about the entire process. Everyone has been amazing and I have absolutely no complaints. Today I am 17 weeks pregnant and we only have Dr. Neithardt and her wonderful team at RAD to thank."
"They are the most amazing team of doctors and care coordinators. After having started at another facility I was so happy to come to RAD. They are truly amazing, never make you feel like just a number and have empathy and compassion every step of the way. They also get the job done! Thanks RAD!"
"Dr. McGuirk is a very holistic doctor. She doesn’t just treat the fertility issues. She also points out personal health ideas (juicing, whole 30) to help heal/treat the whole patient. She is honest and open. Be open minded and trust in her process. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Dr. McGuirk will be with you the whole way."
"I will never be able to put into words how thankful we are for RAD. Rhonda was there every step of the way as we were going through the process. Everyone was so welcoming and patient as we asked questions. We were blessed with a daughter, who is now three. I have already recommended and will continue to recommend RAD to people who need help growing their family!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832