***Dr. Mitchell is currently not accepting new patients
Welcome From Christina N.C. Mitchell, MD, Medical Director of Academic Affairs
As the newest RADfertility physician, I am thrilled to become a part of the tight-knit and efficient patient care team! It is my honor to join my colleagues’ efforts in providing personalized, cutting-edge medical and surgical care to our patients.
My interest in women’s health began during medical school, when I spent a summer treating women in a public maternity hospital in Quito, Ecuador. During my time in Quito, I came to truly appreciate the importance of women’s health, and witnessed the powerful impact that physicians focused on reproductive health issues can have on women’s lives.
Creating a family is very personal. It is my goal to help families overcome their infertility in the most comfortable manner possible, and also to serve as an educational resource and personal advocate for them at every step of the infertility journey. I hope that my patients will feel both well-informed about their medical diagnoses and treatment options, and fully supported by the RADfertility team in working to meet their family building goals.
As the Medical Director of Academic Affairs, I look forward to expanding patients’ potential treatment opportunities, and chances of success, through clinical trials and a focus on evidence-based medicine. I will also help to support the education of students and residents who aspire to careers in the field.
Being a young mother myself, I am in constant awe of my patients’ strength and determination as they fight the battle of infertility. I have the utmost respect for the challenges that my patients face, and the sacrifices that they make, in order to realize their dreams of becoming parents. Ultimately, it is my patients who inspire me to be an outstanding and caring reproductive endocrinologist.
REI Director of Education, ChristianaCare Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program
- Committee Member, ChristianaCare Obstetrics & Gynecology Clinical Competency Committee
- Committee Member, ChristianaCare Obstetrics & Gynecology Program Evaluation Committee
- Edward E. Wallach Research Award: Research Proposal: Extracellular Stiffness and Progesterone Signaling in Fibroids: A Role for A-Kinase Anchoring Protein 13?, 2019
- Physician Scientist Training Program (PSTP): Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2018
- Edward E. Wallach Research Award: Research Proposal: Understanding Young Cancer Survivors’ Knowledge and Feelings Regarding Their Cryopreserved Ovarian Tissue, 2018
- 125 Hopkins Hero: Nominated and selected as one of the 125 current faculty, fellows, postdoctoral students, staff and medical students who personify the Johns Hopkins Medicine’s mission during the 125th anniversary of Johns Hopkins Medicine celebration, 2018
Background & Education
- Board Certifications: Board eligible in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility and board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Residency: Gynecology & Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- MD: Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
- BA: magna cum laude, Human Evolutionary Biology, Harvard College, Boston, MA
Publications, Lectures & Abstracts
Dr. Mitchell has authored over 25 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, in addition to multiple oral presentations, poster presentations, and book chapters.
- Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Whiting-Collins, L, Christianson MS. Understanding Patients’ Knowledge and Feelings Regarding Their Cryopreserved Ovarian Tissue: A Qualitative Interviewing Study. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology 2020 Apr 7. Online ahead of print. doi: 10.1089/jayao.2020.0014.
- Pastore L, Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Rubin L, Nicoloro SantaBarbara J, Genoff Garzon M, Lobel M. Patient Distress and Uncertainty About Preimplantation Genetic Testing Decision-Making Should be Considered by Providers and Researchers Using a Framework Grounded in Psychological Theory: An Opinion. Accepted by Human Reproduction Open 1 July 2019.
- Cordeiro CN, Bano R, Washington Cross CI, Segars JH. Zika and Assisted Reproduction. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology 29(3):175-9. 2017.
- Pereira N, Hancock K, Cordeiro CN, Lekovich JP, Schattman GL, Rosenwaks Z. Comparison of Ovarian Stimulation Response in Patients with Breast Cancer Undergoing Ovarian Stimulation with Letrozole and Gonadotropins to Patients Undergoing Ovarian Stimulation with Gonadotropins Alone for Elective Cryopreservation of Oocytes. Gynecologic Endocrinology 32(10):823-6. 2016.
- Cordeiro CN, Christianson MS, Selter JH, Segars JH. In Vitro Activation (IVA): A New Frontier in Treating Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POI). Reproductive Sciences 23(4):429-38. 2016.
- Christianson MS, Shoham G, Tobler KJ, Zhao Y, Cordeiro CN, Leong M, Shoham Z. Measurement of Antral Follicle Count in Patients Undergoing In Vitro Fertilization Treatment: Results of a Worldwide Web-Based Survey. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics 32(10):1435-40. 2015.
- Cordeiro Mitchell CN, McGuinness B, Fine E, Kearns WG, Christianson MS, Segars JH, Pastore LM. Navigating the Body of Literature Assessing BRCA1/2 Mutations and Markers of Ovarian Function: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. JARG 37(5):1037-55.
Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Maher JY, Hunkler K, Garbose R, Collins LJ, Christianson MS. Conservative Treatment for Endometrial Cancer and Complex Atypical Hyperplasia: Risk of Intrauterine Synechiae. Oral presentation at ASRM 2018, Denver, CO, October 6-10, 2018 and the ACOG Nagey Resident Research Day. Towson, MD. May 10, 2019.
Cordeiro CN, Washington CI, Gornet M, Yates MM, Garcia JE, Fader AN, Kolp LA, Christianson MS. Fertility Preservation Treatment for Women with Gynecologic Malignancies: Predictive Factors for Treatment. Oral presentation at the ACOG Nagey Resident Research Day. Towson, MD. May 13, 2016.
Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Singh, Naik R, Baker VL, Lanzkron S, Christianson MS, Pecker L. A Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Sickle Cell Trait Couples. Accepted for presentation at ASRM 2019 Philadelphia, PA, October 12-17, 2019.
Maher JY, Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Hunkler K, Gornet M, Garbos R, Collins L, Christianson MS. Fertility Preservation in Breast Cancer Patients Over a 16-Year Period: Low Utilization of Cryopreserved Embryos or Oocytes. Presented at ASRM 2018 Denver, CO, October 6-10, 2018.
Maher JY, Cordeiro Mitchell CN, Hunkler K, Gornet M, Garbos R, Collins L, Christianson MS. Fertility Preservation Decision-Making Prior to Gonadotoxic Treatment: An Analysis of 451 Patients. Presented at ASRM 2018 Denver, CO, October 6-10, 2018.
Cordeiro CN, Washington CI, Gornet M, Yates MM, Garcia JE, Fader AN, Kolp LA, Christianson MS. Fertility Preservation Treatment for Women with Gynecologic Malignancies: Predictive Factors for Treatment. Presented at Pacific Coast Reproductive Society 2016, Rancho Mirage, CA, March 9-13, 2016.
Selter JH, Cordeiro CN, Chuong FS, Garcia JxE, Kolp LA, Christianson MS. Fertility Preservation in Female Pediatric Patients Prior to Gonadotoxic Therapy: Predictive Factors for Receiving Fertility Preservation Treatment. Presented at ASRM 2015, Baltimore, MD, October 17-21, 2015.
Cordeiro Mitchell CN and Christianson MS. Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technologies. The Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Sixth Edition. LWW, 2021.
Request an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please let us know which dates and times work for you. A Patient Navigator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Second Opinion Consult
Second opinions can provide new possibilities on your journey. Call (302) 602-8822 to speak to one of our Patient Navigators and schedule a second opinion consult.
Where You Go for Fertility Care Really Matters
For 25 years, we have followed the golden rule of fertility care: offering the same treatment to you that we would want for our friends and loved ones.
More Patient Experience Resources
Patient Care Team
Meet RADfertility’s exceptional staff that goes above and beyond on many levels of patient care.
Top Fertility Doctors
Meet RADfertility's clinical team made up of compassionate and caring women who will be by your side every step of your journey to parenthood.
Read Our Blog
Inspiring community members that are making a difference to the latest news put in perspective for our patients.
RADfertility's Seeds of Success program is founded on inspiring stories from men and women who found success at RADfertility.
Celebrating 25 Years
In August 1995, Dr. Barbara McGuirk founded Reproductive Associates, now RADfertility, and was soon joined by her partner, Dr. Ron Feinberg. See how we are celebrating this special milestone!
Read our latest reviews written by RADfertility patients.
"I feel so lucky to have found RADfertility. I tried two other clinics before I expanded my search and found RADfertility. I drive an hour each way to go to them but I don’t regret a thing. They are so caring and so professional. Every time I message them they respond quickly. Every time I see them they have a friendly smile and warm welcome. They explain everything so well and I never feel lost in the process as I did elsewhere. They also took the time to figure out what was wrong. Other clinics threw up their hands, said 'I don’t know' and pushed me to try IVF."
"Dr. Feinberg and the entire staff at RADfertility are absolutely amazing. The receptionists, coordinators, nurses, and lab staff are compassionate, caring, and straight forward. I’ve had a 12-year infertility journey and I’ve tried other clinics but RADfertility was the only one I felt at ease with. They answered any questions that I had and were there any time I needed them. My coordinator, Amy, was the absolute best and always had my back. Dr. Feinberg’s dedication to his patients is incredible. You are not just a number there, you are a person with individualized needs and care."
"My journey with RADfertility and Dr. McGuirk started when my husband and I were trying to conceive and were having difficulty. We went to RADfertility, where we met Dr. McGuirk. I always say she changed my life and 'fixed' me. Dr. McGuirk is always learning more about endometriosis and how to help her patients. She’s brilliant and truly cares for you! I’m eternally grateful to her and everyone at RADfertility for their unwavering support, love, and care."
"Every step of our journey was tailored to us. We were treated so respectfully. Every detail was clearly explained and we felt so comfortable. Rhonda Wright was a Godsend and inspiring. I highly recommend this place! I cried when my weekly appointments were done and I 'graduated.'"
"The day I met Dr. Neithardt I knew she was the perfect doctor for me. Dr. Neithardt was so compassionate every step of the way. She held my hand, she hugged away tears, and continued to give me hope. There are not enough 'thank you's' in the world for Dr. Neithardt and the whole RADfertility team who will forever have a special place in my heart."
"RADfertility's staff has heart and provided me with exceptional health care. I knew I was in good hands and felt like we were in this together. The doctors and nursing staff always answered all of my questions and provided thorough information about all of my options. I am so fortunate and appreciative of the care that I received at RADfertility. They go above and beyond."
"I cannot begin to explain how wonderful RADfertility is. We were frustrated with trying to start a family and it not working for us. The entire team of doctors and nurses made us feel comfortable and hopeful that we would be parents. We experienced so many ups and downs but we never felt like we were on our IVF journey alone, we had our RADfertility team every step of the way. If you're looking for a supportive team on the IVF journey, look no further. RADfertility is the absolute best."
"Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always explained our options and risks with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the first doctor that had answers for us and wanted to help us have our miracle baby!"
4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Medical Arts Pavilion 2
Newark, DE 19713
Silverside Medical Center
2700 Silverside Road, Suite 2A
Wilmington, DE 19810
Eden Hill Medical Center
200 Banning Street, Suite 240
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 602-8822
Fax: (302) 602-8832